Wednesday, October 06, 2010

The running baby!

Hershey had her first fun race last Sunday . It was great because we ran for a cause. SpongeBob PinkPants Run was one of the activities held as part of the Breast Cancer Foundation's Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Hershey's church friends, her kuyas, were also there. On the picture is Kuya Jhiel, both of them are running for the Kiddie Fun Race! :) Kuya Jomar on the other hand has joined the competitive race! 

My mother in law who is here for a month long vacation also joined us. She was cheering while recording her only grand daughter's milestones!
And that was me and my daughter just enjoying every minute together running. She calls it "jogging" and stood by it til the finish line. She was so relax making her way unlike the rest of the kids who tries to ran swiftly. :)

When I first heard the gun fire and saw my daughter's eyes in excitement I was teary eyed. I was terribly enjoying the moment and felt happy for my daughter. Funny how she still can converse with me while running, she even noticed my sticker falling so I have to stick it properly again. Her dad was also all out supporting her, taking the best shots and video footage for his little one.

We were able to finish the 800m distance race. There were few times when she asked me to carry her but after less than a minute she would like to run and run again!

I enjoyed it so much. It was a great experience for us!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your happy thoughts