Good news. Last week we already received an e-mail from the Singapore Housing and Dev board, the schedule of our first appointment.
Purpose of the First Appointment
The First Appointment is arranged for the HDB Customer Relations Manager to meet both the resale flat buyer and the seller. The appointment is for the HDB Customer Relations Manager to:
Discuss Administrative Matters
- Verify buyer’s eligibility
- Explain the resale procedures to buyer
- Obtain buyer's authorisation for the HDB to act for the buyer in the conveyancing (buyer may engage his own solicitor to act for him)
- Confirm on the Manner of Holding (for applications with more than one buyer)
- Fix the Completion Date for the purchase
Finalise Buyer’s Resale Financial Plan
- Bank loan/bacruptcy
On the renovation plan, many of those contractors/IDs have submitted their quotations.
We will haggle the price as I am firm to stick to our budget even though the bank is willing to give more than that. No reason for a full reno. Must.Save! :)