Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Hiccups and me

The office is quiet, all you hear are the clicks from everyone's keyboard so I don't think this is really the best time for me to have hiccups but unfortunately it just happened. My "hics" are audible to all. Yaiks, embarrassing.

So like I normally do every time I got hiccups, I drink water non stop for as long as I can or I try to burp or swallow food. I'm not sure if these are scientifically proven to stop hiccups but for years now, they have been effective. I thought of anyway checking the Internet and found this:



Hiccups result from involuntary spasms of the diaphragm. Many people get them after meals, and they can go on for hours if not brought to a halt. These tricks can bring a case of the hiccups to a welcome end. Success varies depending on the individual's response and the severity of the hiccups. Find the technique that works best for you and stick with it from ehow.com
Difficulty:Easy

Instructions



things you'll need:

  • Paper bag
  • Glass of water
  • White granulated sugar
  • Paper Bag
  • Granulated Sugar
    • 1   Hold your breath for 30 seconds and then release it.
    • 2   Breathe into a paper bag five times in a row.
    • 3   Sip 10 consecutive gulps slowly from a glass of water without stopping to take a breath.
    • 4   Immerse your face in ice-cold water for 30 seconds.
    • 5   Swallow a teaspoon of dry white granulated sugar.
    • 6   If you began to hiccup after taking a medication, seek medical help. Also see a doctor if the hiccups don't stop after 24 hours (3 hours for young children) of if they are extremely painful


Thank God that after doing my regular do's, it finally stopped and I feel I'm free! And all is back to normal again. :) 

No more hiccups please...

Blessings ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your happy thoughts