Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Today - Nanay knows best

Today my heart aches because i miss my mother. As i prepare my daughter for school, they are to wear their country's native costume on racial harmony day so she wears a Filipiniana, I am just humbled because as I fix Hershey's hair, check that her clothes look good on her, prepares her accessories, sandals that would go with it, memories from my own childhood flashed back before me. I am no different than my mother. I remember that in every school occasions, when we had to wear costume or come to school in casual clothing, my mom prepares for it. I may not have the most beautiful or expensive attire but surely i come neat and prepared.

With that, I left an impression to my grade school classmates that I am well loved. They say that every time there are occasions in school they would expect me to come well prepared - i come to seize the day. Haha. I may not have the most beautiful costume but surely I'm not the last and I appreciate that. Just hearing the comments from former classmates that they too remembered those makes me appreciated my mother more.

I once asked some kids in our community here in Singapore if they wear their Philippine dresses, Filipiniana or barong for boys during school events and they said no because they don't have. I was like, what? So you wear what? School uniform while the rest walking and roaming school looking nice and pretty? They say yes, and tries to shrug it off. I don't blame the mothers but i actually blame them. Haha. Because its not compulsory they just don't care or maybe I'm just a stage mother. Just as my mom. 

So i don't know until when would my kid want to wear such in school but as long as she wants - will do. Its not too much anyway so more to come.

Thanks Mudrabells for showing me to love my daughter with some extra toppigns. Love plus more. 

There. 



2 comments:

Your happy thoughts